– Transcripts (B.A. and M.A. when applicable)
GPA: 3.00 minimum
– Reference Letters, Letters of Recommendation
The Graduate School requires three referance letters for PhD applications. These should be by persons well qualified to speak from first-hand knowledge about the applicant’s potential for graduate study. Letters of recommendation must be submitted online*
–Statement of Purpose, which should not exceed 2,000 words, focusing on why the applicant wants to study at Koç University and in this particular program as well as explaining career objectives and research interests
– English Proficiency, applicants’ who’s native language is not English must ensure to provide their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL,), or any equivalent testing system. (Please see minimum required scores below).
– Thesis Abstract– Summary of your MA/MS thesis (if available)
–ALES or GRE Score: (Please see minimum required scores below)
–TOEFL or YDS Score: (Please see minimum required scores below) Required for all non-native English speaking applicants.
– Successful performance in a written exam
– Successful performance in a interview
|Ph.D. in History Admission Requirements|
|Scores||With BA Degree||With MA Degree|