BA and/or MA degree in related fields Social Sciences with strong educational performance (During the past five years, the average GPA of students admitted has been 3.60/4.00 for students with an MA degree and 3.40/4.00 for those with a BA).
– Reference Letters, Letters of Recommendation
The Graduate School requires three referance letters for PhD applications. These should be by persons well qualified to speak from first-hand knowledge about the applicant’s potential for graduate study. Letters of recommendation must be submitted online *Recommendation letters from faculty members is not necessary for candidates applying to graduate programs directly from Koç University International Relations Undergraduate or Graduate Programs.
– Statement of Purpose, which should not exceed 2,000 words, focusing on why the applicant wants to study at Koç University and in this particular program as well as explaining career objectives and research interests
– English Language, when applicants’ native language is not English, they must ensure to provide their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL,) or any equivalent testing system. (Please see minimum required scores below).
– ALES or GRE Score: (Please see minimum required scores below)
– Successful performance in a written exam (which takes place on the campus and requires the applicant to write an essay type answer on a general question related to political science or international relations. Grading is based on the student’s analytical abilities, writing skills in English and general knowledge in politics and international relations) and an interview. For exceptional foreign students or residents of foreign countries, the written exam may be waived or arrangements can be made to let the student take the exam in his/her home country-institution. For exceptional candidates, it may also be possible to arrange an online interview through skype).
|PhD in Political Science and International Relations
|Scores||With BA Degree||With MA Degree|