Applicants are expected to hold an undergraduate degree. Students, who are still studying and are expected to graduate before the Fall Term, can also apply.
After the admittance process, students may be requested to take additional courses before or during the program.
Application documents for the Comparative Literature Master’s Program with Thesis include:
- Official Transcripts (Undergraduate graduation minimum 2.50 / 4.00 GPA)
- English Language Proficiency: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): IBT or PBT minimum 80 points or YDS / e-YDS (minimum 80 points) or YÖKDİL (minimum 80 points) certificate will be required.
- ALES (Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam) Equal Weighted or Verbal minimum 70 points
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination): Required from candidates who are not Turkish citizens. Verbal Reasoning minimum of 150 points or Analytical Writing minimum 4 points.
- Writing sample (approx. 3000 words, demonstrating the applicant’s skills in literary analysis and critical thinking)
- 2 reference letters
- Statement of Purpose