– Letters of Recommendation The Graduate School requires three letters of recommendation for PhD applications. These should be by persons well qualified to speak from first-hand knowledge about the applicant’s potential for graduate study. Letters of recommendation must be submitted online*
– Statement of Purpose Which should not exceed 2,000 words, focusing on why the applicant wants to study at Koç University and in this particular program as well as explaining career objectives and research interests
– English Proficiency Applicants’ who’s native language is not English must ensure to provide their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or any equivalent testing system. (Please see minimum required scores below).
– Thesis Abstract Summary of your MA/MS thesis (if available)
– ALES or GRE Score (Please see minimum required scores below)
–TOEFL, YÖKDİL or YDS Score (Please see minimum required scores below) Required for all non-native English speaking applicants.
– Successful performance in an interview
|Ph.D. in History Admission Requirements|
|Scores||Without BA Degree||With MA Degree|
|ALES (Equal Weighed or Verbal)||80||70|
|GRE (Quantitative or Verbal )||156||153|