Statement of Purpose
Required for all applicants. It should not exceed 2,000 words focusing on the following questions:
- Why do you apply to Koç University?
- Why do you apply to the particular program?
- What are your career objectives?
- For applicants of PhD programs what are your research interests and who do you want to work with?
- You must have a 2,5 GPA for application for MA Applications.
We strongly encourage applicants to submit a scanned image of the transcript at the time of application, which can speed processing; however, a final, official transcript will be required of all admitted students during registration. Applicants who have attended international institutions must submit transcripts or certified attestations of study, with certified English translations. Once translated, the original transcript and the certified translations are to be sent to the Graduate School admission office.
- Letters of Recommendation
The Graduate School requires two letters of recommendation for MA applications and three for PhD applications. These should be by persons well qualified to speak from first-hand knowledge about the applicant’s potential for graduate study. Letters of recommendation must be submitted online*.
* recommendation letters from faculty members is not necessary for candidates applying to graduate programs in Psychology if they are the graduates of Koc University Psychology undergraduate program.
Applicants to MA and PhD programs must have their results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE-for foreign applicants) or ALES (Akademik Lisansüstü Eğitim Sınavı-for native applicants) General Test sent to the Graduate School. You need to also upload available scores during online application. You will be able to leave these spaces empty if your scores are not available at the time of application. We do accept applications without ALES and/or TOEFL scores. You must submit these scores as soon as they are announced.
- ALES Score
Equal Weight: 70
*Due to Turkish Higher Education (YÖK) regulations, one can not apply with an ALES score lower that 70 for MAApplications
- GRE Score
All native applicants and international applicants whose native language is not English must ensure that the Graduate School receives their official score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
Language Proficiency Information/Minimum Scores
TOEFL (IBT): 80/120
– Successful performance in a written exam.
MA/Ph.D. applicants are invited to take a Science Exam which aims to test psychology and research methods knowledge, science literacy, and demonstrate the ability to understand the logic and design of an empirical research.