To-Do List Before the Thesis Defense:
- You must appoint your Thesis Jury Members and submit “Form 7-a” for LL.M. /MA or “Form 7” for Ph.D. GSSSH at least 2 weeks before your defense date.
- You must send the copy of your final draft to all jury members at least 2-3 weeks before you defend.
- Announcing the defense: 1 week before the defense date (Please click for the draft of the announcement; you should update it with your details. Our office will assist you with room booking) Please do let us know of the contact details of the jury members coming from other schools with the mail addresses.
- Prepare “Form 8-a” for LL.M./ MA and “Form-8” for Ph.D. on the defense date. This is the form that starts your graduation process. It is important that you have it ready in print and make all the members sign it. The form is in Turkish due to YOK (Higher Education Council of Turkey) standards however we can help you with the translation if you need it.
To-Do After the Defense:
- Submit form 8-a to GSSSH after defense. All signatures must be complete.
- Submit the abstract and “ozet” forms. Need to get your advisor’s signature.
- Must bring 2 Thesis hard copies to GSSSH.
- 2 Thesis cds.
- Tez Veri Giris Formu (Thesis Data Form for YÖK)* https://tez.yok.gov.tr/UlusalTezMerkezi/tezTeslimKilavuz.jsp
- Graduate Form. Please click for the GRADUATE FORM
- Thesis publication form (available on our website http://gsssh.ku.edu.tr/guidelines)
- Clearance from the Library that you do not have any books that are due
- Clearance from Mali İşler that you do not have any outstanding balance
- Clearance from CIT that you have returned your laptop
- Clearance from housing office that you have returned your keys (students staying in dorms)
- Students must return their KU ID’s to registrar. ALUMNI ID will be issued following graduation and can be collected from the ALUMNI office.