KOLT- Koç University Office of Learning and Teaching
The mission of KOLT is to lead and support continual development of learning and teaching in KU. To achieve this mission, KOLT provides services to:
For students, KOLT provides:
- Academic tutoring in most subject areas, including almost all core courses. Academic tutors conduct their tutoring sessions one-on-one with a student or in a small group of students. Students don’t have to book appointments in order to attend a session as most sessions are walk-in. In addition to tutoring, KOLT periodically organizes review sessions for some courses in coordination with the faculty teaching those courses.
- Conversation Circles (CC) to promote fluency in spoken English, French, German and Spanish. The circles are moderated by native speakers of these languages.
- Face-to-Face and Online workshops for basic academic skills:
- how to read and notes effectively in college courses,
- how to manage time effectively,
- how to prepare for an exam,
- how to take an exam,
- how to adjust to academic life at Koç University,
- how to avoid plagiarism,
- how to overcome procrastination,
- how to take an exam,
- how to develop a project,
- how to give presentations by using PowerPoint.
For Teaching Assistants (TA’s), KOLT provides:
- TA training workshops that usually include the following items:
- tips for effective teaching,
- clarity in teaching,
- classroom management,
- grading fairly
- emphasizing important topics,
- motivating students,
- encouraging class participation,
- ethics in teaching and learning.
- Group/Individualized microteaching sessions to enhance the quality of PS, DS and Labs
- *Resources *of books and videos on various aspects of teaching.
All Graduate students are required to take KOLT 500 workshops during their first semester at KU.
The topics which our students and young alumni can consult with our career counselors at all stages of their career planning and development are shaped within the framework below. You can see the details for each audience from the relevant pages.
- Personality/Interest Inventories and Career-Oriented Interpretation
- General Career Counseling
- Planning for Masters and PhD Process
- Review of Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and Statement of Purpose
- Interview Preparation
- Walk-In Meetings for Quick Questions